A national provider of home loans is seeking an experienced Banking SQL Developer
to design enhancements and write new code, develop and design combinations of scripts, programs, and high quality database solutions. You will have banking experience in SQL projects, build appropriate functional reporting deliverables, scripts for data migrations, software support services to customers to resolve product use and multi-product/platform problems, and/or questions relating to application software, database data issues, core banking issues.
- You must be strong on T SQL and breaking down complex code at a granular level
- Seeking someone that is strong at Database Tuning and SQL performance measuring
- The role is 80% code enhancements, reverse engineering and 20% new code development
- Reviewing SQL code at a granular level and making enhancements
- .NET skills would be also highly regarded
- Banking experience or financial services experience desired
- Availability to start in the next 2 weeks.
- Ideally Seeking 6- 10 years experience in SQL DBA
- Be willing to be tested on your knowledge of SQL Databases, TSQL and problem solving thinking with technical examples that will be shown to you
You will also execute problem management process by analyzing recurring incidents and identifying root cause, and resolve these as your expertise will be called upon to help the existing team. We are looking for problem solvers, who can multi task across different applications and technologies and who can work independently. Core Responsibilities:
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Design and develop SQL databases, scripts to setup, configure and manage databases, and write applications that interface SQL Databases.
- Answer questions and be the SQL database guru, trouble shooting and run test plans and scripting, review operation, configuration, customization.
- Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct failures
- Provide alerts and situation status information to management.
- Co-ordinate critical customer issues as well as new product and/or system implementations.
- Initiate process improvements for internal and external customers.
- Identify and perform a variety of independent analysis and problem resolution assignments.
- Strong SQL development skills in a banking environment
- You will have knowledge of setting up SQL databases, configuring and maximising performance, and security
- Strong knowledge of SSIS and SSRS required
- TSQL knowledge required
- SQL Optimisation
For more information, please call Peter on 0412337457 or email your resume to email@example.com